- Display Size: 4.7 inches (~65.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 750 x 1334 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)
- Display Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Retina HD display with 3D Touch
- Primary Camera: 12 Megapixel, 4608 x 2592 pixels, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Video: Yes, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps,1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Secondary Camera: Yes, 5 Megapixel, 1080p@30fps, 720p@240fps, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Chipset: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture, Embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- CPU: Dual-core 1.8 GHz
- System Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Internal Memory: 32 GB storage
- Card Slot: No
- iOS 9
- Alert types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- Loud Speaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Headphones: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: LTE
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Apple Pay only)
- USB: Yes, v2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Radio: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Java: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- iCloud cloud service
- Document viewer/editor
- Image viewer/editor
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Battery Type: Non-removable Li-Po 1715 mAh battery, Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Stand-by: Up to 10 days
- Talk Time: Up to 14 hours on 3G
- Internet use: Up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 11 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 11 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 50 hours
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 143 g
- Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
In the Box
- iPhone with iOS 9
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
The most advanced iPhones ever, adding 3D Touch, a powerful new dimension to iPhone’s revolutionary Multi-Touch interface which senses force to enable intuitive new ways to access features and interact with content.
The only thing that’s changed is everything.
The moment you use iPhone 6s, you know you’ve never felt anything like it. With just a single press, 3D Touch lets you do more than ever before. Live Photos bring your memories to life in a powerfully vivid way. And that’s just the beginning. Take a deeper look at iPhone 6s, and you’ll find innovation on every level.
3D Touch: The next generation of Multi‑Touch.
The first thing you notice when you hold iPhone 6s is how great it feels in your hand. The cover glass curves down around the sides to meet the anodized aluminum enclosure in a remarkable, simplified design. There are no distinct edges. No gaps. Just a smooth, seamless bond of metal and glass that feels like one continuous surface.
A breakthrough design. Pushed even further.
iPhone 6s takes everything that made the previous generation great, and advance it to a new level. It is made with 7000 Series aluminum, the strongest alloy we’ve ever used in an iPhone. It features Retina HD displays made from the strongest cover glass used on any smartphone in the world.
12MP pictures. 4K videos. Live Photos. Lasting memories.
People love to take pictures with iPhone. In fact, it’s the most popular camera in the world. But what people love even more are the memories that are preserved within those images. Those memories are now incredibly vivid with Live Photos, an entirely new way to bring your still photos to life.
Take a selﬁe worthy of a self‑portrait.
The FaceTime HD camera is the perfect way to express yourself with selﬁes and FaceTime calls. Now you can capture those expressions even better with 5‑megapixel photos. And with all-new Live Photos, the FaceTime HD camera can also capture those subtle moments that are only possible with motion — a sudden giggle, the hint of a dimple, or a look of wonder.
64-bit desktop-class architecture.
The A9 chip is our third-generation chip with 64-bit architecture. It sits at the cutting edge of mobile chips, improving overall CPU performance by up to 70 percent compared to the previous generation. And boosting graphics performance by up to a staggering 90 percent compared to the previous generation.
M9. Engineered for eﬃciency.
The M9 motion coprocessor is integrated directly into the A9 chip so you can do more, for longer periods of time, with great performance and battery life. The M9 connects to the accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and barometer for a wide range of ﬁtness tracking capabilities. With iPhone 6s, you can now measure your running or walking pace in addition to your steps, distance, and elevation changes.
Security. Right at your ﬁngertip
Your fingerprint is the perfect password. You always have it with you. And no one can ever guess what it is. Our breakthrough Touch ID technology uses a unique fingerprint identity sensor to make unlocking your phone easy and secure. And with new developments in iOS 8 and Touch ID, your fingerprint will grant you faster access to so much more.
Touch ID. Advanced security. Right at your ﬁngertip.
Touch ID lets you unlock your phone and make purchases with Apple Pay simply by using your ﬁngerprint. It uses highly sophisticated algorithms to recognize and securely match your ﬁngerprint. And the improved Touch ID sensor detects your ﬁngerprint even faster than the previous generation.
iOS 9. An experience unlike any other. On a phone unlike any other.
iOS 9 is a big reason you won’t find anything else like iPhone. It brings together an elegant and intuitive interface, powerful features, and robust security. It’s designed to work as beautifully as it looks. So you can enjoy everything you do — on a device that does everything.
Keep things going from one device to another.
If you use a Mac, it’s connected to your iOS devices more seamlessly than ever before. Start browsing a website on your iPad, then easily switch to your iPhone or Mac and pick up right where you left off. Away from your iPhone? Answer an incoming call on your Mac. Or your iPad. Or even your Apple Watch.
Part of every new iPhone is the all-new Lightning connector. It’s 80 percent smaller than the 30‑pin connector. And it features an all-digital, eight-signal design that’s significantly more durable. Another brilliant feature of Lightning: It’s reversible. Which means there’s no wrong way to plug in the cable.