Welcome to iPhone SE, the most powerful 4-inch phone ever. To create it, we started with a beloved design, then reinvented it from the inside out. The A9 is the same advanced chip used in iPhone 6s. The 12-megapixel camera captures incredible photos and 4K videos. And Live Photos bring your images to life. The result is an iPhone that looks small. But lives large.
A beloved design. Now with more to love.
iPhone SE takes an incredibly popular design and refines it even further. Crafted from bead-blasted aluminum for a satin-like finish, this light and compact phone is designed to fit comfortably in your hand. A brilliant 4-inch Retina display makes everything look vibrant and sharp. And matte-chamfered edges and a color-matched stainless steel logo finish the look.
The most powerful 4-inch phone ever.
At the core of iPhone SE is the A9, the same advanced chip that's in iPhone 6s. With 64-bit desktop-class architecture, the A9 chip brings you spectacular speed and responsiveness. And with console-class graphics performance, your favorite games and apps are incredibly rich and immersive. Making it a mighty chip for maximum performance.
Super-efficient M9 motion coprocessor.
Embedded directly into the A9 chip, the M9 motion coprocessor connects to the accelerometer, compass, and gyroscope for a range of ﬁtness tracking capabilities, such as measuring your steps and distance. It also makes it easy to activate Siri by simply saying "Hey Siri," without having to pick up your iPhone.
The only camera you'll ever need.
With a 12-megapixel iSight camera, you can be sure to capture sharp, detailed stills like the ones shot on iPhone 6s. That includes shooting - and even editing - brilliant 4K video, which is up to four times the resolution of 1080p HD video.
FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash. Your selfie just got more beautiful.
The Retina display isn't just a place to see your content - it's a flash for your FaceTime HD camera. Powered by a custom display chip that allows the display to flash three times brighter than usual, the Retina Flash helps illuminate your selfies in low light and at night. And a True Tone flash matches the ambient light for more true-to-life colors and natural-looking skin tones.
Advanced security. Right at your fingertip.
Touch ID makes unlocking your iPhone SE simple and secure. After all, your fingerprint is the perfect password - no two are alike, and you always have it with you.
Hardware and software made for each other.
With an easy-to-use interface, amazing features, and security at its core, iOS 9 is the most advanced mobile operating system and the foundation of iPhone SE. It's designed to look beautiful and work beautifully on your iPhone, so even the simplest tasks are more fun.
There's an app for that.
With over a million and a half apps in the App Store, you'll be able to make your phone your own. Whether you browse by category or search for something specific, quickly discover and download new apps with a tap.
Apps that help you do more every day.
Your iPhone comes with a collection of essential apps right out of the box. Messages lets you send texts with photos, videos, links, and more. Music makes it easy to access the entire Apple Music library along with your personal collection.4 With FaceTime you can make video calls from your iPhone to someone else's iPhone, iPad, or Mac. And Maps keeps you headed in the right direction with spoken turn-by-turn navigation, real-time traffic updates, and a helpful Transit view.
Keep things going from one device to another.
If you use a Mac, it's connected to your iOS devices more seamlessly than ever before. Start browsing a website on your iPad, then easily switch to your iPhone or Mac and pick up right where you left off. Away from your iPhone? Answer an incoming call on your Mac. Or your iPad. Or even your Apple Watch.
Part of every new iPhone is the all-new Lightning connector. It's 80 percent smaller than the 30-pin connector. And it features an all-digital, eight-signal design that's significantly more durable. Another brilliant feature of Lightning: It's reversible. Which means there's no wrong way to plug in the cable.
- Display Size: 4.0 inches (~60.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display Resolution: 640 x 1136 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)
- Display Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Back Camera: 12 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Video: Yes, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps
- Camera Features: 1/3" sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Front Camera: Yes, 1.2 MP, f/2.4, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Chipset: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture, Embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- CPU: Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister
- GPU: PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)
- System Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Internal Memory: 32 GB storage
- Card Slot: No
- iOS 9.3
- Alert types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- Loud Speaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Headphones: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network: LTE
- SIM: Nano-SIM, not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards.
- Speed: HSPA, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.2, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Apple Pay only)
- USB: Yes, v2.0, reversible connector
- Sensors: Touch ID fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Radio: No
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Java: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- iCloud cloud service
- Document viewer/editor
- Image viewer/editor
- Audio: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video: MP4/H.264 player
- Battery Type: Non-removable Li-Po 1642 mAh battery, Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Stand-by: Up to 240 h (2G) / Up to 240 h (3G)
- Talk Time: Up to 14 hours on 3G
- Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 13 hours on LTE, up to 13 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 13 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 50 hours
- Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Dimensions: 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 113 g
In the Box
- iPhone with iOS 9
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter